Station 38

Station 38

Hey guys, check out my latest Flash game Station 38. I made it using Adam Atomic’s excellent Flixel framework. Music by my buddy Lang Kirchheimer.

10 Responses to “Station 38”

1. alex says:

This is a terrific game. Played it some time ago, when it was covered by the indigames.com blog. My only complaint is that there’s no level password/save/cookie system, and since I wasn’t able to beat the game the first time I played it, I was kind of frustrated to return to it to see that I have to go through some of the more difficult levels again. Otherwise, great job!

2. Fantastic work, Pat! This is easily one of the best indie games I have played in the past year in terms of level design and pacing. I absolutely could not pry my hands away from the mouse until I had completed the entire game. Also, don’t pay too much heed to anyone who tries to give you guff about the ending — maybe I’m just a glutton for punishment, but I thought it was hilarious.

3. benny says:

Hi,
    that game is great. Could you add some more difficult levels? (Station 1000 :D )

Another game mode in which the fuel doesen’t recover would be cool too so that you have to do very exact jumps :-)
    That would need some special levels i think.

Thanks for the game

4. Andai says:

You made this on my 15th birthday! Thank you very much! =D

I loved it, and i was in such a deep trance playing it that the ending had me completely bewildered for a few seconds

5. Andy Walker says:

Have you considered making the source code available? I’ve just gotten into flixel, and would love to learn from a game that’s completed (maybe even work on a sequel). :)

6. Chris says:

What’s up with Station 38 not working anymore? It was a great little game, but now when you click “Start Game” it goes to an empty level and the ship just drops off the bottom of the screen and blows up!

7. different alex says:

Great. I love a game that forces me to constantly improve at something. It would have been cool to have—maybe for the first level— an optional, difficult path to completion. Then– maybe on the second to last level– you’re forced to do the difficult path, showing you just how much you’ve learned.

8. Erik Walle says:

this is pretty much the most badass 8bit moonbase lander on the block, hence it takes a hall of fame position for tasteful retro action. Love your work, we are going to give Flixel a spin at my office! Try some of my games! Peace!

9. Frikey says:

In level 38, what I do? how to finish it?

10. Nice.
    “It’s much more fun than lunar lander,” says Bill.